HOW TO GET TO BAIA MARE
From other countries:
Baia Mare has an airport (http://www.baiamareairport.ro/) that, for the time being, is not opened for international flights, the only connection from abroad being via Bucharest (Otopeni Airport). If you opt for a stopover in the Romanian Capital (http://www.bucharestairports.ro/ or http://www.aeroport-otopeni.com/), the domestic flights schedule (TAROM) is as follows:
- 8.05.2013: departure from Bucharest, Otopeni Airport at ~21:00 – arrival in Baia Mare at ~22:15.
- 13.05.2013: departure from Baia Mare at ~06:00 – arrival at Otopeni Airport at ~07:15.
An alternative to the flight X – Bucharest – Baia Mare is X – Cluj-Napoca (a city situated 150 km south of Baia Mare - http://airportcluj.ro/), wherefrom you can also reach Baia Mare by bus (SC. FANY: http://www.fany.ro/orar ~ 2-hour journey), according to the following schedule:
Departures from Cluj-Napoca: 6.00 ; 8,00 ; 9,30 ; 11,45 ; 13,00 ; 14,30 ; 17,00 ; 18,15 ; 20,00 (coaches also stop at the airport, across the street).
To return to Cluj-Napoca, departures from Baia Mare (from the coach station) are scheduled as follows: 5,30 ; 6,00 ; 7,15 ; 9,00 ; 9,30 ; 12,00 ; 14,00 ; 16,30 ; 17,45 ; 18,15.
There is also the option of international flights to Budapest; from here you can get to Baia Mare by coach (~420 km, ~7 hours):
Departures from Budapest Airport to Baia Mare: 07:00; 10:00; 16:00; 18:30.
Departures from Baia Mare to Budapest Airport: 06:30; 07:00; 22:00.
By train (http://www.cfrcalatori.ro/)
Intercity trains, arrivals:
- Cluj-Napoca – Baia Mare: 08:46
- Bucharest (21:20) – Baia Mare: 09:28
- Bucharest (5:45 a.m.) – Baia Mare: 19:37
- Timişoara – Baia Mare: 22:50
Intercity trains, departures:
- Baia Mare – Timişoara: 01:00
- Baia Mare – Bucharest (19:20): 05:24
- Baia Mare – Bucharest (06:13 a.m.): 18:32
- Baia Mare – Cluj-Napoca: 17:26
There are regular coaches that link Romania (and Baia Mare, implicitly) to most of the other European countries (see the websites of Eurolines, Atlassib, Transeuropa, Tabita Tour, Colibri Tour etc.)
- From the West (Budapest): the recommended route is M3 highway to Nyiregyhaza, leading to the E-road, on the route Mateszalka – Satu Mare – Baia Mare (130 km)
- From the Republic of Moldova (Chişinău) / Iași: the route we suggest you take in Romania is Iaşi – Suceava – Bistriţa – Dej – Baia Mare.
- From Serbia (Novi Sad) / Timișoara: through Hungary, follow the route Szeged – Bekescsaba – Debrecen - Mateszalka – Satu Mare – Baia Mare, or (through Romania) Zrenjanin – Timişoara – Arad – Oradea - Satu Mare – Baia Mare.
- From Bucharest (~650 km): Ploieşti – Braşov – Târgu Mureş – Cluj Napoca – Baia Mare or Piteşti – Sibiu – Alba Iulia - Cluj Napoca – Baia Mare.
NOTA BENE: The 1st circular letter will provide further details, and the schedule of the means of transportation will be updated.