HOW TO GET TO BAIA MARE
From other countries:
Baia Mare has an airport (http://www.baiamareairport.ro/) that, for the time being, is not opened for international flights, the only connection from abroad being via Bucharest (Otopeni Airport: http://www.bucharestairports.ro/ or http://www.aeroport-otopeni.com/). If you opt for a stopover in the Romanian Capital, the domestic flights schedule (TAROM) is as follows:
- 31.08.2015: departure from Bucharest, Otopeni Airport at ~21:30 – arrival in Baia Mare at ~22:45.
- 04.09.2015: departure from Baia Mare at ~05:55 – arrival at Otopeni Airport at ~07:10.
An alternative to the flight X – Bucharest – Baia Mare is X – Cluj-Napoca (a city situated 150 km south of Baia Mare – http://airportcluj.ro/), wherefrom you can also reach Baia Mare by bus (SC. FANY: http://www.fany.ro/orar; ~2-hour journey), according to the following schedule:
Departures from Cluj-Napoca: 6:00; 8:00; 9:30; 11:45; 13:00; 14:30; 17:00; 18:15; 20:00 (coaches also stop at the airport, across the street).
To return to Cluj-Napoca, departures from Baia Mare (from the coach station) are scheduled as follows: 5:30; 6:00; 7:15; 9:00; 9:30; 12:00; 14:00; 16:30; 17:45; 18:15.
There is also the option of international flights to Budapest; from here you can get to Baia Mare by coach (~400 km, ~6 hours; http://www.janositrans.ro/):
Departures from Budapest to Baia Mare: 10,00 ; 16,00 (Keleti); 10,30 ; 16,30 (Neplighet); 11,00; 17,00 (airport).
Departures from Baia Mare to Budapest Airport: 06:30; 22:00.
By train (http://www.cfrcalatori.ro/)
Intercity trains, arrivals:
- Cluj-Napoca (5,19) – Baia Mare: 08,33
- Bucharest (5,53) – Baia Mare: 20,07
- Bucharest (18,21) – Baia Mare: 8,33
- Timişoara – Baia Mare: 23,00
Intercity trains, departures:
- Baia Mare – Timişoara 00,57
- Baia Mare (5,24) – Bucharest 19,29
- Baia Mare (18,22) – Bucharest 6,48
- Baia Mare – Cluj-Napoca 17,26
There are regular coaches that link Romania (and Baia Mare, implicitly) to most of the other European countries (see the websites of Atlassib, Transeuropa, Tabita Tour, Colibri Tour etc.)
- From the West (Budapest): the recommended route is M3 highway to Nyiregyhaza, leading to the E-road, on the route Mateszalka – Satu Mare – Baia Mare (150 km)
- From the Republic of Moldova (Chişinău) / Iași: the route we suggest you take in Romania is Iaşi – Suceava – Bistriţa – Dej – Baia Mare.
- From Serbia (Novi Sad) / Timișoara: through Hungary, follow the route Szeged – Bekescsaba – Debrecen - Mateszalka – Satu Mare – Baia Mare, or (through Romania) Zrenjanin – Timişoara – Arad – Oradea - Satu Mare – Baia Mare.
- From Bucharest (~650 km): Ploieşti – Braşov – Târgu Mureş – Cluj Napoca – Baia Mare or Piteşti – Sibiu – Alba Iulia - Cluj Napoca – Baia Mare.
NOTA BENE: The 2nd circular letter will provide further details, and the schedule of the means of transportation will be updated.