HOW TO GET TO BAIA MARE
From other countries:
For the time being, the Baia Mare airport (http://www.baiamareairport.ro/) is not opened for international flights, the only connection from abroad being via Bucharest (Otopeni Airport: http://www.bucharestairports.ro/ or http://www.aeroport-otopeni.com/). If you opt for a stopover in the Romanian Capital, the domestic flights schedule (TAROM) is as follows:
- 04.09.2017: departure from Bucharest, Otopeni Airport at ~21:30 – arrival in Baia Mare at ~22:45.
- 08.09.2017: departure from Baia Mare at ~05:55 – arrival at Otopeni Airport at ~07:10.
An alternative to the flight X – Bucharest – Baia Mare is X – Cluj-Napoca (a city situated 150 km south of Baia Mare – http://airportcluj.ro/), wherefrom you can also reach Baia Mare by bus (SC. FANY: http://www.fany.ro/orar; ~2-hour journey), according to the following schedule:
Departures from Cluj-Napoca: 6:00; 8:00; 9:30; 11:45; 13:00; 14:30; 17:00; 18:15; 20:00 (coaches also stop at the airport, across the street).
To return to Cluj-Napoca, departures from Baia Mare (from the coach station) are scheduled as follows: 5:30; 6:00; 7:15; 9:00; 9:30; 12:00; 14:00; 16:30; 17:45; 18:15.
There is also the option of international flights to Budapest; from here you can get to Baia Mare by coach (~400 km, ~6 hours; http://www.janositrans.ro/):
Departures from Budapest to Baia Mare: 10:00 ; 16:00 (Keleti); 10:30 ; 16:30 (Népliget); 11:00; 17:00 (airport).
Departures from Baia Mare to Budapest Airport: 06:30; 22:00.
By train (http://www.cfrcalatori.ro/)
Intercity trains, arrivals:
- Cluj-Napoca (05:19) – Baia Mare: 08:33
- Bucharest (05:53) – Baia Mare: 20:07
- Bucharest (18:21) – Baia Mare: 08:33
- Timişoara – Baia Mare: 23:00
Intercity trains, departures:
- Baia Mare – Timişoara 00:57
- Baia Mare (05:24) – Bucharest 19:29
- Baia Mare (18:22) – Bucharest 06:48
- Baia Mare – Cluj-Napoca 17:26
There are regular coaches that link Romania (and Baia Mare, implicitly) to most of the other European countries (see the websites of Atlassib, Transeuropa, Tabita Tour, Colibri Tour etc.)
- From Debrecen (165 km): via Valea lui Mihai – Carei – Satu Mare – Baia Mare.
- From the West (Budapest): the recommended route is M3 highway to Nyíregyháza, leading to the E-road, on the route Mátészalka – Satu Mare – Baia Mare (150 km)
- From the Republic of Moldova (Chişinău) / Iași: the route we suggest you take in Romania is Iaşi – Suceava – Bistriţa – Dej – Baia Mare.
- From Serbia (Novi Sad) / Timișoara: through Hungary, follow the route Szeged – Békéscsaba – Debrecen - Mátészalka – Satu Mare – Baia Mare, or (through Romania) Zrenjanin – Timişoara – Arad – Oradea – Satu Mare – Baia Mare.
- From Bucharest (~650 km): Ploieşti – Braşov – Târgu Mureş – Cluj Napoca – Baia Mare or Piteşti – Sibiu – Alba Iulia – Cluj Napoca – Baia Mare.
NOTA BENE: The 2nd circular letter will provide further details, and the schedule of the means of transportation will be updated.https://www.taximetre.ro/taxi/baia-mare/